Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
Want to be part of this journey from the very beginning?
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
What will you be engaged in?
As the Business Development & Supply Acquisition Manager | Growth Team, you will build the strategic partnerships for the Growth team to increase the acquisition of vehicles supply, manage and strategize the implementation of scalable supply acquisition procedures while evaluating the opportunities and market penetration for P2P car-sharing industry.
- Source, structure, negotiate, execute and implement strategic partnerships to acquire more vehicle supply.
- Set strategic goals together with the General Manager and drive GMV growth while optimizing resources to increase profitability.
- Evaluate opportunities and market penetration by performing a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Strategize and implement scalable supply acquisition procedures for the business vertical – from the supply of the funnel over onboarding, to continuously achieve an efficient and frictionless supply activation process.
- Maintain supplier relationships and grow the business by conducting needs analyses to uncover more collaboration opportunities.
- Monitor marketplace health via data collection and build the dashboard to track insights of suppliers' key metrics such as supply acquisition, conversion, demand fulfillment, and pricing efficiency.
- Solve problems in a data-driven manner. Create a hypothesis with statistically significant data to build your proposal.
- Implement pilot programs/tests to improve our acquisitive efficacy, pricing, vehicle types segmentation, etc.
- Lead a team on the ground to manage strategic partnerships by ensuring the team receives the best-in-class support and build initiative to engage and retain partners.
- Work with technology, operations, and marketing teams to drive successful outcomes.
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- 6+ years of proven track record as a Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Management Consulting and/or Product experiences and managing a result-driven and motivated team
- Excellent team leadership, mentorship, and motivational skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills with 100% execution-minded, hands-on approach
- A self-starter and take the initiative to seize opportunities.
- Positive attitude paired with a desire for transparency and openness
- Ambitious and passionate, performance results and success-driven, 'can-do' attitude, a go-getter, pride in work and achievements and a team player.
- A People person, ability to understand, interact and motivate team members to achieve goals and to greater performances
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize Business Development and partnership activities and follow through in a timely fashion
- Able to think strategically, acquire analytical aptitude, and creative to solve problems, and able to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to build strong relationships with external partners as well as internal stakeholders
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch, and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 Video CV
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 business case (To be pitched to General Manager | Growth Team)
- 1 session - General Manager | Growth Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CEO/CFO/Corporate Planning (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook