Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
What will you be engaged in?
As the Finance Manager / Assistant Manager at TREVO, you will handle a full-suite of finance and accounting matters. It includes and does not limit to handling monthly accounts closing and management reporting.
- Be responsible to coordinate statutory compliance, such as auditing and taxes. You will liaise with external auditors, tax advisers and other service providers to manage all statutory issues.
- Through the role, you will gain valuable exposure to all aspects of the business, from accounting to operations. You will get the opportunity to be involved in bank reconciliation, cash flow planning, AR and AP functions, fixed asset register, procurement and contract management.
- Apart from the regular finance and accounting tasks, you will get to participate in the continuous improvement of the company’s internal controls and processes. You may also get a chance to work on special projects when the opportunity arises.
- You should be hands-on with your work and be open to share your knowledge with the team. We at Trevo value collaboration, the spirit of excellence and innovative thinking.
This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to a high-growth startup and learn about every aspect of its business. You will get to work with the best and the brightest people to continually build on this exciting business. You will also get substantial mentorship from the high-calibre management team to ensure you succeed every step of the way.
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Experience in a full-suite of accounting responsibilities and submission of SST and income tax
- Preferably have prior experience at a Big 4 accounting firm or a high-growth startup
- Preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Preferably hold a CPA (or equivalent) qualification, though it is not a prerequisite
- Posess advanced MS office skills, experience with Netsuite ERP System is a plus.
- Can multi-task and work at a fast-pace environment
- Have the ambition to contribute to a high-growth startup and collaborate with the best and the brightest
- Are highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- Take advantage of every single opportunity to learn something new, whether it is work-related or not
- Embrace diversity and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 business case (To be pitched in CEO round)
- 1 session - Finance Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CFO/CEO and/or other HODs (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook