Are you a talented and driven problem solver who is eager to join our HQ in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is technically strong yet able to lead a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
Want to be part of the journey from the very beginning?
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
Projects you will be working on?
Ever wondered how SOCAR coordinates its growing fleet and customer base? As our new Senior Backend Engineer, you will be in charge of advancing SOCAR’s in-house developed operation platform. You will be responsible for building and integrating the backend logic while collaborating closely with the front-end development team.
As a team leader, in addition to your development responsibilities, you will have a responsibility to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at SOCAR. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
Together with the SOCAR Team, you will go on one mission: To bring SOCAR’s vision of car-sharing to the next level.
What will you be engaged in?
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within SOCAR in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within SOCAR.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of our rapidly expanding users base in a DevOps manner.
- Be a leader of the SOCAR-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
In addition, you will:
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the squad leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR team’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Qualification Criteria
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You have 5 years of experience in designing and building distributed, high-volume services.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You can quickly scope the size and feasibility of projects of all sizes.
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- ES6, Node.js, Express.js, Sequelize.js ( or other ORM )
- Experience with Cloud and DevOps ( AWS, GCP, Firebase )
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of server-side to front-end flow
- Proven line of building product/products from a technical point of view
- Preferred Technical Skills:
- Interlock to PayGate
- Experience with Data Engineering and Machine Learning
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 coding sample task (To be reviewed and presented in the technical round)
- 1 session - Technical round (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CEO & CTO (Virtual or face-to-face)
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn