Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
What will you be engaged in?
As our new Corporate Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and execute various initiatives and strategic projects that impact internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and direct change management efforts in ERP implementation, adoption and continuous improvement
- Design and implement internal controls to strengthen and streamline company-wide internal practices (phase 1) and introduce internal audit procedures (phase 2)
- Manage the “internal one-stop centre” in offering support and professional advice for matters pertaining to regulations, industrial relations, statutory requirements, training and development, etc. to various departments
- Manage external relations with government agencies, trade associations, business councils/societies to safeguard and support company/business operations/compliance
- Manage strategic partnerships with financial institutions, legal practitioners and other professionals to support corporate development work in the finance team i.e. transfer pricing methodology, corporate restructuring and international incorporation to support growth and expansion
- Handle risk and reputation management (support risk assessment and evaluation for business/growth-related matters)
- Champion special projects (support due diligence for M&A activities, produce periodic research materials/newsletters, incubator initiatives)
- Navigate through the complexities and fast-changing political, economic, social, technology environments and be agile in offering advice to the management for review
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (preferably International Business, Business Management, Political Science, Finance, Law)
- Experience in working in a high-growth startup and/or multidisciplinary work experience (combination of corporate and start-up).
- Possess advanced MS office skills, experience with Oracle Netsuite ERP System is a plus.
- Can multi-task and work at a fast-pace and ever-changing environment
- Have the ambition to contribute to a high-growth startup and collaborate with the best and the brightest
- Are highly detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Have impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- Take advantage of every single opportunity to learn something new, whether it is work-related or not
- Embrace diversity and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook