Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating in a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
Projects you will be working on?
This has to remain disclosed at this point - One thing is for sure: You will be the gearwheel for SOCAR’s brand new, highly classified task force “Growth Team”. The Growth Team has one mission: To build an evolutionary business vertical for SEA that brings SOCAR’s vision of car-sharing to the next level.
Want to be part of this journey from the very beginning?
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
What will you be engaged in?
As the Operations Manager for our Growth Team, you will take full ownership over building a reliable service via supply acquisition and onboarding. You will be fully responsible for maintaining and optimizing marketplace health for SOCAR’snew business vertical.
- Strategise and implement scalable operational procedures for the entire business vertical - from the supply of the funnel over onboarding, to establishing an efficient and frictionless KYC and activation process for both supply and demand
- Set strategic goals together with the General Manager and drive GMV growth while optimising for profitability
- Set up a clear support processes and directions of how the business can optimise for customer satisfaction while keeping overall support cost low as a % of GMV
- Monitor marketplace health via data collection and build your own dashboard to track key metrics such as supply acquisition, conversion, demand fulfilment, and pricing efficiency
- Solve problems in a data-driven manner. This team adores people who can back their hypothesis up with statistical significant data.
- Constantly run experiments to optimise for marketplace efficiency and defect reduction
- Take charge of project managing strategic tasks that prospectively lead to OPEX savings
- Establish and leverage relationships and agreements with external partners and vendors to drive operational excellence
- Lead the operations team in terms of strategic alignment, performance management and demonstrate a strong vision that drives the team forward to success
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Experience in building a new business starting from a clean slate to a fully operational, scaled multi-million evaluated entity
- Exposure to high growth businesses with a strong ability to create operational procedures
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to build consensus and relationships amongst senior management, partners, and employees
- Passion for analytics, SQL and dashboarding
- Creative thinker, multi-tasker, data-oriented, and results driven
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills with a hands-on approach
- Positive attitude paired with a desire for transparency and openness
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the recruitment process:
- 1 One-minute video CV
- 1 interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 business case (To be pitched in CEO round)
- 1 interview - CEO (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 interview - CFO/COO (Virtual or face-to-face)