Are you a talented and driven problem-solver who wants to join SOCAR’s Headquarters in Kuala Lumpur? An individual who is capable of thriving in a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around. Together as a team, we strive to realise our mission of helping South East Asia go carless. We are currently the largest car-sharing player in Malaysia with over 1,000 cars and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
Projects you will be working on?
This has to remain disclosed at this point - One thing is for sure: You will be the backbone of our brand new, highly classified task force “Growth Team”. The Growth Team has one mission: To bring SOCAR’s vision of car-sharing to the next level.
As our back-end engineer, you will be responsible for the development of all server-side logic, the definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end developers.
Want to be part of this journey?
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting time to join the SOCAR team.
What will you be engaged in?
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to determine how to scalably design backend systems and APIs to meet their needs
- Architect, develop, and operate services deployed to millions of users.
- Write backend services and Restful API's
- Be in charge of data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, scalability and performant applications
- Implement security and data protection
- Manage web apps that impact millions of users
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is the key SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- 2+ years of experience building large-scale backend systems
- Proven projects in Node.js and frameworks
- Knowledge of MVC concepts
- Knowledge of web applications systems
- Good understanding of data pipelines, data lakes and data ingestion
- Strong understanding of Database management ( PostgresSQL, MySQL )
- Strong understanding of RESTful API
- Passion for building high performance, high throughput, low latency frameworks
- Problem-solving mindset
- Bonus: Blockchain experience
- Bonus: Knowledge of GIS systems
What we will offer you?
- Experience in developing, deploying, and supporting tech teams in a multi-application environment
- Be part of the fastest growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ...)
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the recruitment process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 sample case project (To be presented in technical round)
- 1 session - Technical round (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CEO (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook