Are you a talented and driven problem solver who is eager to join our HQ in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
Want to be part of the journey from the very beginning?
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
What will you be engaged in?
As SOCAR’s DevOps Engineer, your key focus will be to drive automation of processes within our internal development team.
- Push automation and best practices into SOCAR’s development operations in order to successfully and rapidly deliver high class, high-quality mobile app solutions.
- Automate SDLC practices by automating the development, testing, and integration of software releases.
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of production infrastructure.
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
Are you the ideal candidate?
- 3+ years of experience in programming & debugging using one or more languages, especially Node.js based frameworks.
- Experience with test-driven development and building and integrating automated test harnesses with industry-standard tools (e.g. Robot, Cucumber, TestRail, Selenium, Appium, OCMock)
- Experience with continuous integration and building continuous delivery pipelines with industry-standard tools (make, ant, maven, bamboo)
- Proven understanding and/or experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Firebase.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible) or similar tools
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes/Mesos/Docker Swarm
- Solid understanding / experience with Windows & *nix operating systems.
- Experience in monitoring design & data driven decision-making
- Experience working on-call for support
- Significant hands-on knowledge of code config and project management tools (GitHub, GitLab, Atlassian)
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external teams and clients.
What will make you an even greater addition to the SOCAR team?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software-related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Solid experience with multiple IDE’s including solid debugging and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge/experience in software engineering standard methodologies (i.e. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability).
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch, and dinner ...)
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the recruitment process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 sample coding task (To be presented in the technical round)
- 1 session - Technical round with Senior Engineer Growth Team Lead (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CTO (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out SOCAR’s Homepage
Find us on Facebook