Are you a talented and driven problem solver who is eager to join our HQ in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting time to join SOCAR.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our back-office ops squad that creates the technology ecosystem that enables SOCAR to support our ever-expanding user base while learning and delivering quickly.
We are looking for engineers that share our common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will build highly distributed data pipeline systems that power our application while continuously improve our engineering practices.
What will you be engaged in?
As a team leader, in addition to your development responsibilities, you will have a responsibility to the people you support: Ensuring that they grow as engineers, do valuable work and generally have a great time at SOCAR. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
Together with the SOCAR Team, you will go on one mission: To bring SOCAR’s vision of car-sharing to the next level.
Projects you will be working on?
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Optimize our offerings for efficiency and reliability at scale
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Identify areas of architectural improvement to make remove the potential for human error
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to create innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Build out a testing framework to ensure uptime and reliability of data pipelines
- Understand the analytics data we collect from our systems and how it relates to the business value being produced.
In addition, you will:
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the squad leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost, ask yourself: Do you possess customer-fascination? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Possess excellent programming and software design skills. (We’re primarily a Node shop, but are keen on looking at other languages for data related microservices, such as Go, Elixir etc.)
- Know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, Apache Beam, Spark.
- Know how to write distributed, high-volume data processing systems.
- Are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Love to be the bridge between engineering and analysis to have an impact on the product
- Interested in optimizing workflows and maintaining backend systems
- Appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Understand the value of partnership within teams.
- Understand that product value is a function of usefulness and not technical implementation details.
Preferred technical skills:
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Beam, Spark, Hadoop.
- Experience in mapping or geospatial data pipelines a plus.
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka is a plus.
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 coding sample task (To be reviewed and presented in the technical round)
- 1 session - Technical round (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CEO & CTO (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook