Are you a talented and driven problem solver who would like to join our team in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
What will you be engaged in?
As an Accounts Executive at Socar, you will handle a full-suite of finance and accounting matters. It includes and does not limit to:
- Maintenance of accurate and timely accounting records in Netsuite accounting system;
- Responsible for the full set of accounts ie AR, AP, GL and Cashflow;
- Ensure of the accuracy and timely closing of monthly accounts and management reporting;
- Prepare analysis/schedules of accounts for tracking, interpretation and monitoring purposes;
- Responsible for all SST related matters including computation, payment, and filing;
- Maintenance Fixed Assets Register and Hire Purchase Creditors Register as well as the completeness of all its supporting documents;
- Invoicing, revenue recognition, collections, and AR register
- Perform day-to-day Accounts Payable transactions including verifying, posting, recording and maintenance of records in a timely and accurate manner;
- Responsible for all bank reconciliations
- Cashflow management and reporting
- Perform and carry out any ad hoc tasks or responsibilities assigned by supervisor from time to time;
Apart from the regular finance and accounting tasks, you will get to participate in the continuous improvement of the company’s internal controls and processes. You may also get a chance to work on special projects when the opportunity arises.
You should be hands-on with your work and be open to sharing your knowledge with the team. We at Socar value collaboration, spirit of excellence and innovative thinking.
This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to a high-growth startup and learn about every aspect of its business. You will get to work with the best and the brightest people to continually build on this exciting business. You will also get substantial mentorship from the high-caliber management team to ensure you succeed every step of the way.
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost, ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is the key to SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- 2 years of experience in handling full set of accounts
- Prior working experience at a high-growth startup or mid-size fast pace company
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Advanced MS office skills, active user of an ERP system
- Meticulous, result oriented, able to deal with high volume transactions without compromise to quality and dateline
- Impeccable work attitude and are willing to do whatever it takes to get stuff done
- Embrace diversity and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 business case (To be pitched in the final round)
- 1 session - Finance Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook