Are you a talented and driven problem solver who is eager to join our HQ in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting moment for SOCAR.
Projects you will be working on?
We are looking for an Experienced Full Stack Engineer, with a focus on Backend engineering. Our back-office ops squad creates the technology ecosystem that enables SOCAR to support our ever-expanding user base while learning and delivering quickly.
We are looking for engineers that share our common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will closely collaborate with our internal customers to determine the best API and backend system design to scalably meet their needs. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
As a team leader, in addition to your development responsibilities, you will have a responsibility to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at SOCAR. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What will you be engaged in?
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to determine how to scalably design backend systems and APIs to meet their needs
- Architect, develop, and operate services deployed to millions of users.
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating awesome music sessions for users worldwide.
In addition, you will:
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the squad leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have experience writing distributed, high-volume services and know-how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You have an interest in big data processing technologies.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
Preferred technical skills:
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks
- Knowledge of NUXT.js / Vue.js or any other front-end js framework
- Experience with Cloud and DevOps ( AWS )
- Good understanding of RESTful API
- Good understanding of server-side to front-end flow
- Knowledge of Database management
- Knowledge of PHP and Laravel
- Proactive and hands-on attitude
- Bonus ReactNative ( Android, iOS )
- Bonus Tailwindcss
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 coding sample task (To be reviewed and presented in the technical round)
- 1 session - Technical round (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CEO & CTO (Virtual or face-to-face)
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn