Are you a talented and driven problem solver who is eager to join our HQ in Kuala Lumpur? Someone with a startup mentality, who is capable of integrating into a multicultural team?
SOCAR aims to change the way people in South East Asia move around by becoming the biggest car-sharing platform in South East Asia. We are currently the biggest player in Malaysia and aim to scale out our product offering across more verticals and geographies.
We are growing fast - this is an extremely exciting time to join SOCAR.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to join our automation squad that creates the technology ecosystem and enables SOCAR to support our ever-expanding user base while learning and delivering quickly. We are looking for someone who’s a strong enough developer to write feature code, a strong enough tester to test about anything and an advocate for maintaining a high-quality bar.
We are looking for engineers that share our common interest in mobile apps and cloud-hosted distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development. Our philosophy is to build it, break it and then rebuild it better. You will write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. You will also help drive automated testing practices to our squads. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of SOCAR’s suite of applications.
Projects you will be working on?
- Partner with developers and other test automation engineers to improve and automate test and release processes.
- Build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting with the goal of reducing occurrences of errors.
- Advocate for the user experience when communicating with product, design and tech.
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality.
- Maintain test results and visualization.
- Provide the team with a Quality Strategy that supports the team’s delivery goals and aligns to the overall SOCAR quality strategy.
- Advocate for maintaining a high-quality bar, making sure quality and testing are part of the development work from day one.
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best SW development practices.
- Enable and encourage developers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
Are you the ideal candidate?
First and foremost, ask yourself: Are you customer-obsessed? This is SOCAR’s prime value that drives our mission forward. If your heart and mind shout “YES, I am!”, you have just identified a fundamental match between you and your future SOCAR team.
- Knowledge and experience of writing code. Writing scripts and small tools to help yourself and your team comes natural to you.
- Passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD.
- Implemented and/or maintained test automation suites and have knowledge of a few test automation and debugging tools.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile software QA processes and methodologies.
- Comfortable digging into the architecture of systems looking for potential problems.
- Ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
- Willing to walk the extra mile and get out of your comfort zone in order to fulfil your goal of raising the quality bar at SOCAR.
- Agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it.
Preferred technical skills:
- Experience with continuous integration and building continuous delivery pipelines with industry-standard tools (make, ant, maven, bamboo)
What we will offer you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing car-sharing company in the world!
- Opportunity to drive new ideas and make a measurable impact on company metrics
- Work with incredibly driven people with great executable ideas
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- SOCAR travelling credits
- Phone allowance
- International environment (we are 10 different nationalities in the office!)
- The chance to launch new markets in different countries
- Endless company events (Futsal, cinema, birthday cakes, celebrations, team lunch and dinner ... )
How will your roadmap to join SOCAR look like?
After you submit your application, you can expect to prepare for the following steps in the hiring process:
- 1 session - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 coding sample task (To be reviewed and presented in the technical round)
- 1 session - Technical round (Virtual or face-to-face)
- 1 session - CTO (Virtual or face-to-face)
Follow us on LinkedIn
Check out our Homepage
Find us on Facebook